MEMORIAL MUSEUM OF ABU ALI IBN SINA (AVICENNA)
The Memorial Museum of Abu Ali ibn Sino was opened in 1980 to the 1000th anniversary of the outstanding thinker, an encyclopedic scholar of the medieval East in his homeland, in Afshona village of Peshkun district, Bukhara region. The museum is a branch of the Bukhara State Architectural and Art Museum-reserve founded in 1922.
In the homeland of the great scientist, in the village of Afshona, an educational center has been set up, which in addition to the museum includes a medical college, an information and resource center, a library and a polyclinic, and a hotel.
The museum is dedicated to the outstanding medieval thinker, an encyclopedic scholar Abu Ali ibn Sion, who made the greatest contribution to the development of world science and culture. His vast scientific legacy includes such branches of science as philosophy, medicine, astronomy, geology, mathematics, physics, linguistics, poetry and music.
The museum presents more than 400 exhibits of material and spiritual culture associated with the era of Abu Ali ibn Sino and the history of Bukhara of X-XI centuries, found as a result of archaeological excavations in the Bukhara oasis.
After visiting the exposition of the memorial museum, you will see interesting exhibits:
• Chess figures made of bone. IX-X cc.
• A copy of the medieval pharmacy and medical instruments of the VII-VIII cc.
• Jewelry from silver and copper. X-XI cc.
• Bronze ware. X-XI cc.
• Ganch panels from the Samanid Palace in Samarkand. Afrasiab, IX-X centuries.
• Latin translation of the “Medical Science Canon”. 1523 year.
• Risala ila Abu Raikhan ba Muhammad ibn Ahmad Al-Beruni 1075/1664. Photocopy.
• Medieval medical instruments used in the East of the XI century. Reconstruction.
• A copy of the miniature "Medicine lesson in the presence of Avicenna, Galen and Hippocrates". 1461, Paris.
MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS
The Museum of Fine Arts is located in the former building of the state bank, built in 1912 in European style, designed by Russian architects Sakovich and Margolis. The building has a complex architectural and planning composition and is built over the canal of the city channel Shahrud. The building has architectural, town-planning and historical value as a monument of the colonial buildings of the early 20th century. The upper floor of the passage was occupied by the branch of the Azov-Don bank, as well as the firm store of the Russian industrialist and philanthropist Savva Morozov.
Since 1982, a branch of the Bukhara State Architectural and Art Museum-Reserve - Museum of Fine Arts has located here. You can get acquainted with the expositions of arts and crafts in the museum. Works of talented painters, graphic artists and sculptors of Uzbekistan are presented in the exposition of fine arts (Picture gallery).
The formation of a collection of fine arts in the museum-preserve can be attributed to 1932. Most of the exhibits entered the museum after the Republican art exhibitions in the period from 1932 to 1965.
Among them, unique works of the artists of the brush:
The best works of famous Bukharian artists, painters, sculptors, graphic artists N. Khafizov, Hk. Babayev, M. Sadykov, A. Barnoyev, Norhurozov, B. Salomov, Z. Saidjanov, N. Babayev, miniatures of People's Artist of Uzbekistan Sadriddin Pochchaev and others are demonstrated in the picture gallery.
MUSEUM OF DECORATIVE-APPLIED ARTS
The palace of the last rulers of Bukhara is located 4 km to the north of Bukhara. A garden with the flower gardens, vineyard alleys, orchards and a zoological garden is located on the territory of 6.7 hectares. Best Bukhara craftsmen - Usto Sh. Muradov, N. Khafisov, K. Samadov, Kh. Umarov and others were involved in the construction of the palace. Russian specialists - Margulis and I. Sakovich, who worked at the Emir's court, carried out engineering works.
The old palace was built in the 2nd half of the XIX century by the father of the last Bukharian emir Mir Sayyid Ahadkhan. The construction of the new palace continued under the last ruler Sayyid Alim Khan in the period from 1912 to 1918 of the 20th century. Currently, in the countryside palace complex of Sitorai Mokhi-Khosa you can get acquainted with the following expositions:
"Interior of the Summer Palace" (Main building) - Palace furniture of the XIX-XX centuries, Chinese and Japanese porcelain of the 14th -20th centuries, palace things of art from Russia, jewelry of famous Bukhara craftsmen, gold embroidered panels and blankets are exhibited here. An octagonal pavilion, designed for guests of the palace in the past is located in the center of the garden.
There is an exhibition "Clothes of the Bukharian city dweller of the late XIX - early XX centuries in the pavilion ". There is a collection of palace gold-embroidered clothes, belts, shawls, shoes.
There is a third body of the palace in the southern part of the garden, which is a two-storey mansion made of bricks with a glassed greenhouse, a gazebo and a pond. There is an exposition of "Art embroidery of the Bukhara region and household utensils of the late XIX - early XX centuries" in the pavilion. The Bukhara school of decorative embroidery is the unique and brightest phenomenon of the embroidered art of Uzbekistan. The exposition shows: samples of decorative embroideries "suzane", prayer rugs "joynamoz", headgear, jewelry for women's dress, handbags, wallets, bags for mirrors, men's waist shawls and other items used in everyday life of the XIX-early XX centuries.
BUKHARA MUSEUM OF CARPER WEAVING
Carpet Museum is located in the architecture monument of (XII-XVI centuries) the Magoki Attori mosque, near the ancient canal Shahrud, near the Sarrafon exchange dome. The exposition was opened in 1991and demonstrates different types of traditional carpet weaving, palace weaving and large felt mat wallow of the Central Asian peoples. In the XIX-XX centuries, carpet items of such Uzbek tribes as “Mitan”, “Yuz”, “Kurama”, “Naiman” became very popular in Central Asia.
Museum collection consists of 104 samples of carpet products used in the life of the peoples of Uzbekistan - Uzbeks, Tajiks, Turkmens, Kazakhs, Kirghiz, Central Asian Arabs and Uighurs. The collection is divided into the following types: carpet rugs - "gilam", high-level carpets - "djulhirs" and palace products, diverse in technique and color. Being beautiful examples of decorative and applied art, the collection of carpets and carpets items of the museum is represented by well-known schools: “bashir”, “kizil-oyok”, “tekke”, “yomud”, “salor”, “ersari”, “kizil ayak” abounding in various motifs.
A distinctive feature of Bukhara’s design of the carpets is an ornament in the form of abstract geometric figures, patterns and patterns characteristic for nomadic Turkmen tribes. Carpets, palaces, hurdjin, joynamozy, chuvaly, felt and other items of the museum collection are woven, made from woolen, silk and cotton threads.
“Ark” citadel (IV BC - XX centuries) is the oldest monument of archeology, history and culture of Bukhara. Until 1920, it was the residence of the rulers of Bukhara. There are: the head office of the Bukhara State Architectural and Art Museum-Reserve, the depository and the exposition of the local history museum located in the arch.
History group (from ancient times - to the XV century). Exposition covers the period from the Paleolithic (100-12 thousand BC) to the Timurids epoch (XIV -XV centuries). Here you will get acquainted with the ancient history of the Uzbek statehood formation, the cultural heritage of peoples that were living on the territory of the ancient Bukhara oasis.
The most interesting exhibits are artifacts from the Saka burials (IV century BC-IV century AD), a unique wall painting of Varakhsha and Pikend VII-X cc, chandelier ceramics of the 11th-12th centuries, bronze products of the X- XI centuries, irrigation ceramics of the Timurids epoch of the XIV-XV centuries.
Numismatics and epigraphy group. The numismatic collection of the Bukhara State Museum-Reserve has more than 20,000 exhibits. These are collections of coins of the pre-Islamic and Muslim periods of history, seals, stamps, banknotes of Bukhara khanate and emirate as well as Russian Empire of the XVIII- beginning of XX centuries and modern era.
Nature of Bukhara region group. The exposition introduces the peculiarities of the physical and geographical location of the Bukhara region, the wealth of the earth's bowels of the region, the unique flora and fauna of the Bukhara region.
"Bukhara Oasis. Antiquity and the Middle Ages" exhibition. Annually, on the territory of the Bukhara oasis, on ancient sites and barrows, international archaeological surveys are being carried out by specialists of the Archeology Institute named after Y. Gulyamov Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan with colleagues from the State Hermitage (Russia), archaeologists of the Roman University of La Sapienza (Italy), the Louvre Museum (France) and etc.
At the exhibition you can get acquainted with the finds found on the ancient sites of Paikend, Varakhsha, Uchkulah, Setalak, Kyzylkyr of IV-III centuries BC. - XX century.
"Monuments of writing" VIII-XX centuries" exhibition. The exhibition presents magnificent examples of handwritten texts of the Holy Quran, copied by the best calligraphers of Bukhara VIII-XX centuries, samples of calligraphic texts "kita" - good wishes in Arabic and Persian languages, hand-written works of prominent Orient poets such as Alisher Navoi, Abdurrahman Djomi, Djaloliddin Rumi, Bedil , copied by the famous calligraphers of Bukhara in the 17th -19th centuries and etc.
"Palace military and horse equipment from the funds of the Bukhara Museum-Reserve" exhibition. The exposition includes: a gold embroidered military robe, wide trousers, straps, belts, rifles, horsecloths and horse harness.
The museum is open from 9.00 to 17.00. Wednesday – day off.