There is one of the sacred places now known as Zangi-ata nearly Tashkent on the caravan route. The beginning of the creation of architectural memorial at the sacred grave is connected with the name of famous Amir Timur The idea of building the mausoleum on the grave of Zangi-ota, which was known as a healer, appeared near that time. His literature pseudonym is written with good calligraphic hand on the snowy marble gravestone inside the mausoleum. His name was Aykhodja, the son of Tadjkhodja.
HAZRATI-I IMAM COMPLEX
The modern name of this place comes from an honor surname of Imam al Kaffal ash-Shashi - Hazrat (Hast) Imam, scholar who was buried here. This place is considered as sacred among the citizens, and cemetery and other buildings were located here before. In the recent past, the complex was a kind of "hidden" by mass of houses and buildings of the city and its structure remained without any repairs. In 2007, on behalf of and under the supervision of the First President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov, the complex was completely restored and renovated on the basis of the signed decree.
Its former image was restored, and the images of the additional facilities were made in the same way as the preserved monuments. The old monuments inscriptions have been partially restored and the lost ones replaced by new.
The first building of Dzhuma Mosque (the Main Friday Mosque) was built in 145 1 at the expene of Sheikh Uboydullo Khodja Ahror ( l4O4-1490). The Main Friday was built on the hill ; therefore one could see this Grandbuilding in the distance. From then until the present, people name it the Mosque of Uboydullo Ahror in memory of him The Mosque of Uboydulto Ahror was badly damaged by a devastating earthquake in 1868. Though it was rebuilt 20 years later, the political disasters, such.as Russian invasion, and Soviet godless regime have put the Mosque on.tne complete decline. The ruins were thrown down in 1997 whereupon new building was built on that place
SHEIKH HOVENEDI at-TAHUR ( SHEIHANTAUR)
Sheikh Hovendi at-Tahur (Sheihantaur) was born at the end of the 13th century. He came from tne familv of Saints (Khodja) who were the offsprins of Muhammad prophet' The Sheikh died between 1355 and 1360'The mausoleum (mazar) of Sheihantaur, repeatedly changed its shape, was erected here in the 14th century' It concludes unique' extant up-to now sacred Saur of Iskander beside which the gravestone is located. Saurs – coniferous trees of local breed which were lifeless already in the XY century. Is believered their origin is connected with the name Alexander the Great , which is very honored in the East as the ancient prophet
MAUSOLEUM of SHEIKH ZAYNUDIN BOBO
The Mausoleum of Sheikh Zaynudin Bobo is located in Tashkent,Uzbekistan. The Sheikh Zaynudin Bobo was a writer and popularizer of Sufiorder known as Suhrawardiyya. An accurate date of his birth is unknown. As Sheikh Zaynudin died when he was 95. Arguably he was a son of the founder of Suhrawardiyya order, Diya al-din Abu'n-Najib as-Surawardi (1097 1168), who has sent his son Sheikh Zaynudin to Tashkent with the purpose to spead ideas of his order. Sheikh Zaynudin was conveyed to earth at the 'graveyard of Orifon village beyond the Kukcha Gate (now within the Tashkent). There is an underground cell (chillahona of the 12th century) to mausoleum, where Sheikh Zaynudin conducted his 40-day meditations chilla) and chartak dating back to the 14th century. The mausoleum built in the 16th century was rebuilt in the end of 19th century.
MAUSOLEUM of KAFAL SHASHI
The mausoleum is formed around the grave of the famous theologian, scientist-theologian (mutakallim), linguist, expert on hadith, Islamic jurisprudence (fiqh) and a poet named Muhammad ibn Ali Abu Bakr al-Kaffal ash-Shashi (904-976). He is especially famous as an expert and promoter of the Shafi'i law and one of the Sunni schools of thought. He studied in Bukhara, Baghdad, Nishapur, and other cities of the Islamic world at such famous theologians of that time as at-Tabari (died in 923), Abu Bakr ibn Huzaym (died in 933) and others.
Kaffal al-Shashi is one of the most respected saints of Tashkent. His interment was almost the only relic of the city until the XIV century. According to local legend Imam ash-Shashi ancestries comes from "Master Imam" (Hazrat Imam), beside which he was buried. This fact gave the name which was fixed in a somewhat modified form to the entire complex of Hast Imam. According to other late handwritten versions, Imam ash-Shashi was related to Muhammad ibn al-Hanafi, known as Ishaq Bab (or Ishaq al-Turk).
Modern mausoleum (instead of collapsed old one) was built not earlier then XIV century. However, he was renovated more than once. One of the biggest overhauls (which was actually the restructuring of the mausoleum) had been carried out in 2007. Due to the reconstruction of the Hast Imam complex mausoleum is restored again. The remaining dedicatory inscription on the renovation of the XVI century were shot down and replaced with a fragment from Koran. In the place of the lost pieces of Persian verse poems there are poems written in Uzbek language.
The inscriptions are applied only on the entrance portal. Here, the inscriptions strip which framing the entrance doorway is preserved. There are fragments from Koran (3: 96; 23: 29), written in large letters in the center of the strip. They were installed during the restoration in 2007. Along the perimeter of these inscriptions there fragments of poems which are written on majolica tiles and have been preserved during the repair work in the XIX century. The beginning and the end of these verses are preserved. The middle (lost) part was filled with poems in Uzbek in 2007.
The mausoleum was built in honor of imam Abubakr ibn Ali ibn Ismail Al Kaffok at was b Shoshiy. The first burial vault was not kept safe. Actual mausoleum was built in 1542 by Gulyam Husain, who was Khan's architect at that time. It is an asymmetricir domed portal mausoleum - khanaka. Khanakas were erected to give pilgrims from distant lands a shelter in living cells – hujras. Mausoleums complexes also often included mosgue and an eating –room called oshkhana with a kitchen. There is a late burial place (sagana) on small yard south of the main building. The mauspleum is built of baked bricks.
Kukeldash Madrasseh is one of the few remained monumental architectural monuments of Tashkent, It was built in the second half of the 16th century in the time of Abdulla-Khan (1557-1598) under the Leadership of Kulbobo Kukeldash who was a vizier, a scientist and a poet.Madrasseh Kukeldash is under the authority of Religious Board of Maveraunnahr Moslems, and at present it is a regularly acting mosque. There is a primary school, which teaches the basis of Islam.
YUNUS KHAN MAUSOLEUM
Across Navoi from the Navoi Literary Museum are three 15th century mausolea, restored in the 19th century. The biggest bears the name of Yunus Khan, grandfather of the Moghol emperor Babur.
Two small mausolea are eastward inside a fence - Sheikh Hobandi Tahur (Sheikhhantahur) and the roofed Kaldergach Bi, the latter now used as a neighbourhood mosque.